We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Lime Dill Sauce
Tender and flakey Tilapia seared to perfection with a crunchy pecan crust. Served with a bright and tangy lime dill yogurt sauce. This is an easy weeknight dinner that will please your family. This recipe is low carb, gluten free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel.
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. There are affiliate links used in this post.)
I have told my readers before that I am not a fish person. My husband truly enjoys fish, but whenever he mentions we should put it on our menu, I always inwardly shudder. And therefore, it rarely makes it to our menu!
The funny thing is, when we do finally get around to making it, I actually enjoy it! So maybe I need to learn a lesson and say that I am actually beginning to like it!
This recipe is entirely from my husband (except the sauce). He enjoys experimenting with entrees, and I am happy to let him! Just last night he made elk steaks for supper – they were superb!
The pecan crust is only on one side of the fish – searing the fish on the crusted side gives it a good, crispy coating. Then you simply flip the fish over and cook for about 3 minutes with the lid on the pan. The fish cooks evenly, and you have a tender, flaky fish entree.
The Lime Dill Yogurt Sauce used here is so bright and light. I think it would be great served with many things – grilled pork chops, chicken breasts, or even salmon!
We used Tilapia for this dish, but I truly believe you could use any white fish. There have been some safety concerns in the past with farm-raised Tilapia, especially from China. I do not like to purchase Tilapia that has been raised in China, but sources say that fish raised in Ecuador, Canada, or the United States are generally a better choice. Please do your own research on this topic – I am not here to begin arguments of any kind, I just want you to be aware that there are more options.
I also whipped up an easy Dill Coleslaw to go with this dish. It made an amazing supper that both my husband and I truly enjoyed!
So, what do you need for this Pecan Crusted Tilapia?
1 Pound Tilapia (about 4 filets)
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Egg, lightly beaten
Salt, to taste
For the Crust:
½ Cup Pecans
½ Teaspoon Fennel Seed
½ Teaspoon Rosemary
1 Tablespoon Dried Dill (or 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill – about 3 sprigs)
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
For the Sauce:
⅓ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill (or 1.5 Teaspoons Dried)
1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
½ Teaspoon Salt
If you enjoy fish, you may like my Fried Fish Nuggets Recipe!
And if you are a seafood lover, be sure to check out these amazing Low Carb Shrimp Cakes!
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox! (Look for the sign-up box at the top of this post.) Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Lime Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 1 Pound Tilapia about 4 filets
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
For the Crust:
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill or 1 Teaspoon Dried
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Place all of the crust ingredients in a food processor and process until mixture is fine crumbs.
- Place lightly beaten egg in a shallow dish.
- Preheat skillet over medium high heat, and melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Dip Tilapia filets in beaten egg mixture, then press one side of the fish into the pecan crumb mix. (You may need to press some on with your fingers.)
- Immediately place fish, crumb side down, into the hot skillet.
- Cook, uncovered, about 5-6 minutes, or until a crisp crust has formed.
- Carefully flip fish over and cover pan with a lid.
- Cook for 3-4 more minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with salt, to taste. Top with Lime Dill Yogurt Sauce and enjoy!
For the Sauce:
- Combine all sauce ingredients and mix well. Serve generous portions of the sauce with your fish.