We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Sauce
Tender chicken wrapped in crispy bacon and smothered in a rich and creamy jalapeño cream sauce. This recipe is low carb, keto, gluten free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel.
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. There are affiliate links used in this post.)
This is quite possibly the most delicious thing I have ever made. I know, that is a big statement. But you must believe me when I say it was AMAZINGLY delicious! (And I’m certainly not trying to brag, but all cooks have their favorite recipes!)
This recipe is something I want to make over and over again! And in fact, we have made it over and over! Ha! There was a bit of an evolution to this recipe. The first time my husband and I made it, we didn’t wrap the chicken in the bacon. We simply chopped the bacon and cooked it in the sauce. It was ok, but the bacon wasn’t crispy, and it didn’t lend much flavor to the sauce.
Check out the video below to see just how easy this recipe is to make!
Over Christmas, we made this at my in-laws house for Sunday Dinner. We wanted to make it ahead, and keep it warm in the crockpot on Sunday morning.
My husband pre-cooked the chicken and bacon on Saturday, then we mixed up the sauce and put it all together in the fridge overnight. In the morning, we put the mixture in the crockpot and cooked it on low while we were gone to church.
When we returned home, we thickened it with a sprinkle of Baking Blend, then served it over Zucchini Noodles! It was so good!
But then it evolved a little more and became the Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe I am sharing with you today. You only need two chicken breasts, but slice them in half lengthwise (so you cut the thickness in half).
I decided to wrap the chicken with bacon and pan fry until the bacon was crispy. (Because, who doesn’t like bacon wrapped chicken?) It was perfect! The sauce is so rich and creamy, with just a little bite from the jalapeños. (You can adjust the heat by using more or less jalapeños, or by removing the seeds or leaving them.)
My husband and I both agreed that it was one of the best things we have made. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think about it – I hope you love it just as much as we do!
If you love Bacon Jalapeño flavor, you should check out my other recipes!
So what do you need for this Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Sauce?
2 Chicken Breasts
8 Slices Bacon
For the Sauce:
4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (I use the green can variety)
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Jalapeño, Sliced (can use more if desired)
2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox! (Look for the sign-up box at the top of this post.) Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 8 Slices Bacon
- Preheat a skillet with medium heat.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally (so you should have 4 pieces of chicken).
- Wrap two pieces of uncooked bacon around each piece of raw chicken.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken in pan and pan fry over medium low heat for 20-25 minutes, turning several times to ensure even cooking and crispy bacon. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 160.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, almond milk, parmesan cheese and onion powder.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove from pan and drain bacon grease.
- Add 2 Tablespoons butter to the pan and return to heat, scraping up pieces of bacon that are left in the pan.
- Saute sliced Jalapeños and garlic in butter until Jalapeños are cooked through and garlic begins to lightly brown.
- Pour prepared sauce into the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce has reduced a bit and begins to thicken.
- To serve, top each piece of chicken with a generous amount of cream sauce.