We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Covered Bacon
Perfectly cooked bacon, wrapped in delicious chocolate, topped with savory Pink Himalayan salt. Its a party in your mouth! This chocolate covered bacon is low carb, sugar free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel.
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. There are affiliate links used in this post.)
Chocolate Covered Bacon - I have often heard of this combo, but I had never tried it. I love chocolate. I love bacon. But I wasn't quite sure about combining them! A friend of mine said she loved bacon and chocolate so much by themselves she was afraid it would be a dangerous thing to combine them. Hmmmm . . . that may a true statement!
Now truly, this is not beautiful, but once you put it in your mouth you will forget what it looks like! I believe it is important that our food look beautiful and be presented well, but seriously - believe me on this when I say you won't care what it looks like as long as it gets in your mouth!! I took a tray of this to a group of teenagers - and they devoured it! Teenager approved!
For Trim Healthy Mama's this is a "Deep S." More often than not, desserts are heavy with cream cheese and butter (which are great - and allowed!), but this focuses more on foundational fats (bacon and coconut oil)!
Did I mention that there are only FIVE ingredients (including the bacon)? And it takes less than thirty minutes from start to cramming in your mouth (oh wait, did I say that?)! What are you waiting for? Go make some of this deliciousness!
- Cook bacon and drain/pat to remove excess grease.
- Mix melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and Gentle Sweet (or powdered sweetener) until combined.
- Pour chocolate into a shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip bacon pieces in chocolate and lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes, or until chocolate is firm.
- Remove from freezer and dip in chocolate a second time.
- Sprinkle Himalayan Pink Salt on chocolate while still wet.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 10 more minutes, or until chocolate is set.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.