We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
(This post contains affiliate links, which provide me with a small compensation when you purchase your products through my links. Thank you for your support!)
These pumpkin spice cupcakes are a tender burst of flavor in your mouth! Perfect with a good cup of coffee for an afternoon treat. This recipe is low carb, sugar free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel.
I can hardly believe it is already the last full week of October! The weather is turning colder in Montana, and yes, we have already had about 2 inches of snow! (The snow melted the same day, but still!) My mind is already beginning to turn to thoughts of Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes! But first, these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!
It is no secret that I love pumpkin! Pumpkin Cake, Pumpkin Bars, Pumpkin Protein Bars, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice Latte, the list goes on and on. So it is no surprise that I felt we needed a recipe for cupcakes!
I wanted to add an extra touch of “special” so I added some maple flavor to the cream cheese frosting. Trust me, this little extra touch takes it over the top!
Again, I love using the Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend. Mostly because I love the way it “lightens up” all my delicious baked goods! However, this recipe will work with just as well with an equal blend of almond flour, coconut flour, and flax meal.
The last time I made these pumpkin spice cupcakes, I had a small amount of batter left over. I poured the batter into a small ramekin and baked it. After it had cooled, I sliced it in half and made a mini layer cake! So delicious!
If you would like to switch things up a bit, my blogging buddy over at Grace Filled Homemaking has an awesome recipe for Maple Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Frosting!
So what do you need for these Low Carb Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting?
For the Cupcakes:
1 1/2 Cups Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
1 1/4 Cups Erythritol (or the equivalent of your favorite sweetener)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Mineral Salt
1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil (I use refined coconut oil so there is no coconut flavor.)
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
3/4 cup water
For the Frosting:
(1) 8 Ounce Cream Cheese, Softened
3 Tablespoons Gentle Sweet (or your favorite on-plan powdered sweetener)
3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Teaspoon Maple Extract
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox! (Look for the sign-up box at the top of this post.) Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 Cups Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
- 1 1/4 Cups Erythritol or the equivalent of your favorite sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mineral Salt
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil I use refined coconut oil so there is no coconut flavor.
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 cup water
For the Frosting
- 1 8 Ounce Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3 Tablespoons Gentle Sweet
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a 12 cup Cupcake pan with liners and spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Gradually add in wet ingredients and mix well.
- Measure out roughly 1/4 cup of mixture into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tops of cupcakes are dry.
- Allow to completely cool.
For the Frosting:
- Mix all ingredients together and beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until frosting begins to stiffen.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 13%
Vitamin C undefined%