We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you looking to enjoy a delicious pizza but want it to be keto-friendly, Trim Healthy Mama Friendly, or low-carb?
If yes, then you’ll enjoy this delicious DIY keto pizza complete with homemade crust that’s cheesier than ever.
With the melted mozzarella cheese inside your keto pizza dough and added in two layers atop your pizza, this keto pizza is a delightful option for any pizza and cheese lover out there.
Are pizza toppings low carb?
Sometimes when I am craving pizza and I’m out and about in town, I will grab a slice of pizza from Costco food court (or a Little Caesar’s pizza), scrape off the toppings and eat them with a fork!
While there are some pizza toppings that definitely do have a higher carb count, you can have some pizza toppings that are low carb.
If you’re looking to add some low carb pizza toppings, top this keto pizza with mushrooms, green peppers, or olives.
Making your own keto pizza is the perfect way to ensure you use low carb pizza toppings while sticking to your healthy eating plan.
What is keto pizza made of?
This particular keto pizza recipe is made of mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, egg, almond flour (or Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend), and Sugar Free Pizza Sauce.
Using Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend in place of the almond flour lowers the calorie count a bit, and makes this crust not quite so calorie-dense.
You can also use 1/4 cup each of almond flour, coconut flour, and flax meal to replace the 3/4 cup of almond flour.
What does Fathead dough taste like?
Fathead dough is an amazing dough which you can use for many different things, not the lease of which is pizza.
The taste of Fathead dough is much like regular pizza crust, although it doesn’t tend to be chewy, like regular crust.
Fathead dough will trick your mind and stomach into thinking that you’ve just enjoyed a delicious slice of regular pizza. (Even though it’s low carb so you truly aren’t cheating on your diet with Fathead dough for healthy pizza.)
How Do I Make Keto Pizza?
Gather up your ingredients for your keto pizza and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Following the full instructions in the recipe card below, mix up your mozzarella dough. You can do this with a wooden spoon, your hands, or a food processor.
Then you will carefully roll out your low carb pizza dough between to pieces of parchment paper.
Bake the pizza crust in your preheated oven for about 8 minutes or until the crust starts to have brown in some spots.
The crust may poof up while baking, once done, simply set the crust aside to cool down. (To minimize the crust “puff,” simply prick the crust all over with a fork before baking.)
Spread your pizza sauce evenly over the crust. Be sure to leave a small border around the outer edge of the crust without sauce.
Then simply sprinkle on your cheese of choice, add the toppings, and finish with a bit more shredded cheese.
Serve this delicious and decadent pizza with a side salad and a buttered vegetable for an easy meal. Or serve with Easy Hot Wings for Pizza & Wings!
Can I Freeze Fathead Pizza Dough?
Yes, you can keep the dough rolled into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then let it thaw completely before rolling out and using to bake pizza.
Or, you can go ahead and roll the dough out, then flash freeze and wrap well in plastic wrap and place in a large freezer bag. To use, simply take it out of the freezer, unwrap and allow to come to room temperature before baking!
To see all of my Pizza themed recipes, check out my Family Friendly Low Carb Pizza Ebook!
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Place 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well, then continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each increment, until the cheeses are completely melted. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the egg and almond flour. Combine the dough in the bowl with clean, oiled hands until all ingredients are very well incorporated and it forms a ball. The dough will be very sticky. (You can also use a food processor for this step)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place the dough in the center and use your hands to press it into a circle, approximately 10 inches across (or use a rolling pin to roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper).
- Using a fork, poke holes all across the crust.
- Bake the pizza crust at 400F for 8 minutes, or until it just begins to brown slightly in spots. The crust may puff up while baking. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the cooked pizza crust, leaving a small border of crust around the edges without the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce. Top with the pizza toppings of your choice.
- Top the pizza with the remaining 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400F for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve hot.
To reduce the calories in this recipe, you can replace the almond flour with an equal amount of Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend, or you can use 1/4 cup each of almond flour, coconut flour, and flax meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gProtein 9g
Nutritional Information may vary, depending on ingredients used. The nutritional information listed does not include any additional toppings.