We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A healthy make-over of my Mom’s famous strawberry pie. A sugar cookie crust topped with a luscious cream cheese layer and topped with piles of strawberries. This recipe is low carb, sugar free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel.
(This post may contain affiliate links, which provide me with a small compensation when you purchase your products through my links. Thank you for your support!)
Growing up, our family always looked forward to strawberry season. That meant Mama would be making her delicious strawberry pies. Did we fight over the last piece? Well, I don’t know if we need to have that discussion. But I will tell you that my family had some arguing over the last pieces of the make-over pie!
I will warn you. You may want to double the recipe to make TWO pies instead of just one. Every time I have made this it has disappeared within HOURS! Truly!
My Mom’s original recipe used a traditional pie crust, a cream cheese and cool whip layer, topped with sliced strawberries and red strawberry glaze. I tried to re-create the glaze by using gelatin to make a glaze, but it didn’t work so well. I actually prefer to just use sliced fresh strawberries (and its less steps and fewer ingredients)! That sounds like a winner to me!
So, what do you need for this delicious pie?
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
3 Tablespoons Water
1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Baking Blend
1 Tablespoon Gentle Sweet (Or your favorite powdered sweetener)
8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
2 Tablespoons Gentle Sweet (Or your favorite powdered sweetener)
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Cups Fresh Sliced Strawberries
If you do not have the THM Baking Blend, you can use an equal mix of coconut flour, almond flour, and flax meal.
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox! (Look for the sign-up box at the very top of this page.) Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Have you seen my ebook? “My Top 10 Low Carb Dessert Recipes.” Click the link to check it out!
Mom’s Famous Strawberry Pie (THM-S, Low Carb, Sugar Free)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Baking Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Gentle Sweet Or your favorite powdered sweetener
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Gentle Sweet Or your favorite powdered sweetener
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter with Baking Blend, Gentle Sweet, and water. (You should have very soft, wet dough).
- Working carefully, pat dough into a greased 9 inch pie pan and part way up the sides.
- Prick the crust all over with a fork (to keep crust from bubbling).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream and Gentle Sweet and beat for a couple of minutes until mixture begins to stiffen.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
|Amount Per Serving|
% Daily Value
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 14%
Vitamin C undefined%