We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Finding quick and easy dinners is essential for busy weeknights. And it doesn’t get any simpler than a sheet pan meal! Just spread the ingredients over the pan, pop it in the oven, and enjoy a delicious meal prepared all at once.
And with this simple recipe for Italian sausage and peppers, you can enjoy a low carb (THM-S) dinner that takes just five minutes to prepare.
How to Make a Sheet Pan Meal
Making a sheet pan dinner couldn’t be easier. In fact, there are just three steps to making this simple dinner:
- Spread the vegetables over a large sheet pan.
- Top with meat.
- Bake in the oven.
How easy is that? And since this simple recipe only takes five minutes to prepare and just 30 minutes to cook, it’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have time to cook a big meal.
Ingredients for Italian Sausage and Peppers
The title of this easy recipe speaks for itself. You just need a handful of ingredients to prepare this quick dinner, including:
- Frozen peppers and onions: Keep the prep work simple for this dinner recipe by using pre-sliced frozen peppers and onions. That way, you won’t have to waste any time slicing all the vegetables for your low-carb dinner. A bag with a blend of different bell peppers and onions is a great way to add some color and flavor to your sheet pan dinner.
- Italian seasoning: Add a little flavor to your peppers and onions by garnishing them with Italian seasoning. Sprinkling this seasoning blend over the top of your peppers will enhance their flavor and match that flavors with the Italian sausage.
- Italian sausage links: Sausage links are delicious and they cook quickly, which makes them perfect for a fast dinner. Use mild or spicy Italian sausages with this dish – either variety will taste amazing with the peppers.
- Nonstick cooking spray: One of the biggest issues when baking sheet pan meals is the ingredients sticking to the pan. Keep your veggies from sticking by using nonstick cooking spray to coat your pan before baking.
Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Recipe
Before you can start cooking your dinner, you’ll need to take a few minutes to prepare your ingredients for baking.
First, take a second to slice all your Italian sausage links into thirds. This will help your sausage cook through more quickly, ensuring your entire dinner cooks in under 30 minutes.
After that, it’s time to prepare your sheet pan. Since you’ll need your ingredients to be spread in a single layer, it’s best to use a large sheet pan to bake this dinner.
Spray the sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread the frozen vegetables in an even layer over the sheet. Then, spray the top of the vegetables with another layer of cooking spray.
The second layer of spray will help the seasoning stick to the vegetables as they cook and prevent them from getting soggy while they bake. Season your peppers and onions with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Now that the peppers and onions are ready, you can add your sausages.
Place each piece of sausage on top of the peppers, spreading them out slightly so they’re not touching.
Then, put the peppers and onions in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. You’ll know your sheet pan dinner is ready when the sausages are browned and the peppers and onions are cooked through.
If you’re hoping to enjoy a low-carb dinner, these peppers and onions can be eaten as-is for a delicious meal that’s perfect if you’re watching your carbs.
But if you want to add to your peppers and onions, you can also serve them with:
- Zoodles. Add more veggies to your dinner by preparing some zoodles to go with your peppers and onions. Stir your zoodles with a little bit of marinara sauce, then top them with Italian sausage, peppers, and onions for a delicious low-carb Italian dish.
- Cauliflower rice. Another simple way to add to your meal is with cauliflower rice. Simply spread a layer of cauliflower rice over your plate, then top it with the peppers and onions to create a delicious meal without the carbs.
- Marinara sauce. Increase the Italian flavors by topping your sausage and peppers with some marinara sauce before serving. Make sure to grab a sauce variety that is low in sugar to avoid adding carbs to your dinner.
Leftover Sausage and Peppers
This dish tastes so good, you probably won’t have any leftovers. But if you do, you can store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
When you’re ready to reheat your sausage and peppers, heat them in the microwave for up to one minute. Or reheat the sausage and peppers in a skillet over medium heat until they’re fully warmed.
Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 Package Frozen Peppers and Onions
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 5-Count Package Italian Sausages
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the frozen peppers and onions in a single layer of the baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each Italian sausage into thirds and place on top of the peppers and onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until peppers are tender and sausage is fully cooked.