We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're a fan of scones but are looking for a low-carb, gluten-free alternative to traditional baked goods, almond flour scones are here to save the day!
These scones are easy to make and have a delicious, nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with sugar-free chocolate chips. (Maybe even more delicious than these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!)
These also make a great Trim Healthy Mama S fuel recipe.
Ingredients you'll need for almond flour scones
To make this keto scone recipe, you'll only need a handful of ingredients:
- Finely Ground Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- Baking Powder
- Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
Easy steps for making almond flour keto scones
First of all, preheat oven as directed in the recipe card below.
Begin by whisking together the dry ingredients, then beating together the peanut butter and oil in a separate mixing bowl.
Add the egg and vanilla, then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until evenly combined. Add the heavy cream and fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the dough to a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper and shape it into a flat circle about 2 inches thick.
Cut the dough into eight triangle wedges and gently space them apart.
Bake the scones in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Once they're done, allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Are almond flour scones gluten free?
This recipe uses both almond flour and coconut flour, so yes, they are gluten free!
But be sure to check the ingredient lists for other recipes, though. Just because it says almond flour, that does not automatically mean it is gluten-free.
Recipe notes and frequently asked questions about sugar free scones
How do I make scones with almond flour that are not dry?
In this recipe, heavy cream is used to add moisture and keep the scones from becoming too dry.
The heavy cream is added at the end of the recipe and mixed in until the dough comes together into a ball.
This helps to keep the scones moist and tender while they bake.
What are some delicious add-ins to use with almond flour scones?
This almond flour scones recipe uses sugar-free chocolate chips as a natural complement to the peanut butter flavor.
You could also add some chopped peanuts or pecans - they would complement the peanut butter flavor nicely!
If fruity scones are more your style, be sure to check out this lemon blueberry recipe for almond flour blueberry scones recipe!
Can I freeze scones?
Yes, you can!
To freeze almond flour scones, place the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid.
Once frozen, transfer the scones to a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag and label them with the date.
To reheat, simply place the frozen scones in a preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Freezing almond flour scones is a convenient way to have a tasty breakfast or snack on hand anytime.
How do I store low carb scones?
To store these scones, it is best to keep them in an airtight container or a zip-top bag in the refrigerator.
This will help keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out.
If stored correctly, they should last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze them for longer storage, as mentioned above.
More popular recipes that are low carb keto:
- Keto Blueberry Almond Flour Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Keto Herb & Ricotta Scones
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip SconesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Cup Finely Ground Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Classic Monkfruit Sweetener may need more to taste if you like things very sweet
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Adams (or Smuckers) no stir is my favorite
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, monkfruit, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and coconut oil until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until evenly mixed.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a flat circle about 2 inches thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangle wedges and gently space the wedges apart.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply