We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect dessert to whip up for an afternoon treat. I wanted to create a THM-S friendly low carb cookie that is sugar-free, gluten free and dairy free.
So if this sounds like your meal plan, give this easy and delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe a try.
FAVORITE LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Ah, who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie? My family has a recipe we love — you know THE recipe (with 2 cups of shortening, 3 cups of sugar and 2 bags of chocolate chips)!
(This is obviously not in my trim healthy eating plan!)
So I decided to re-create that recipe, but healthy and slimming!
Easy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutiva shortening is a great replacement for that unhealthy shortening in my original recipe.
The shortening worked great, and let me say these cookies didn’t last at all!
This is now our go-to sugar-free cookie recipe.
It is “possible” that I may have even counted a couple of these cookies and coffee as breakfast a time or two . . .
Even More Low Carb Cookies
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
First of all, you need to decide if you are using the Nutiva shortening or softened butter. If you are using butter, you want to make sure it is softened.
Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
Then simply add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined!
So simple and easy – you can have cookies in the oven in less than 10 minutes!
Alternative for Baking Blend
I have been asked is there an alternative for the Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend.
You can use equal parts of coconut flour, almond flour, and ground flax. 1/3 cup of each will work just fine if you prefer.
Can You Substitute Coconut Oil for Shortening
Yes. I have heard that people have opted away from the shortening and used softened butter or coconut oil with great results!
I had this shortening on hand so I wanted to get it used up, but subbing it with something else will work just fine.
Replace with the same measurement of butter or coconut oil for replacing of the shortening. (Using softened butter is my favorite substitute!)
How to Store Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Feel free to store your cookies on the counter for 3-4 days. With each day they will become a bit drier. Best to be eaten within the first few days of making them.
Can You Freeze These Low Carb Cookies
Absolutely! Just cook up the cookies and then allow them to cool.
Then store in a freezer container or bag for up to three months.
To eat just thaw on the counter or even the fridge. They will taste just fine!
Carbs In Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are on the hunt for the carbs in low carb chocolate chip cookies, here is a guide.
If you get 18 cookies out of this batch, you can expect around 3 net carbs per cookie. Of course, depending on how large or small you make your cookies, the carb count may vary.
Favorite Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you enjoy these low carb chocolate chip cookies, you’ll want to check out this Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars recipe!
And you’ll definitely want to try my Double Doozie Cookies, too!
Have you tried making low carb chocolate chip cookies before?
- 1/2 cup Nutiva shortening (can also use softened butter)
- 2/3 Cup Low Carb Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mineral Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup THM Baking Blend (See below for substitutions)
- 1/2 Cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream shortening (or butter) and “brown sugar” until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add baking soda, mineral salt, vanilla and Baking Blend and beat until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Nutiva USDA Certified Organic, non-GMO Fair for Life Red Palm and Coconut Shortening, 15-ounce
- Trim Healthy Mama Gluten Free, Low Glycemic, High Fiber Baking Blend 1 Lb
- Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips- 1x9 OZ
- McCormick Vanilla, Pure, 4 OZ
- Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, Brushed Chrome
- Wilton 417-1112 Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop, Silver
- Razab 24 Piece Glass Food Storage Containers w/Airtight Lids - Microwave/Oven/Freezer & Dishwasher Safe - Steam Release Valve BPA/ PVC Free -Small & Large Reusable Round, Square & Rectangle Containers
Serving Size1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 104 Total Fat 9g Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 3g