We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serve up these Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers for dinner tonight. This low carb taco stuffed peppers recipe is perfect for the whole family. Ground beef, tons of Mexican spices, stuffed into a bell pepper and topped with cheese. This will be one of your favorite low carb Instant Pot recipes!
Mexican stuffed peppers are a nice change to the traditional stuffed peppers recipe. Plus these peppers are cooked in the Instant Pot so it is a quick and easy weeknight dinner idea to serve up for your family.
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
Colorful, hearty, and packed full of flavor. Skip the classic tacos this Taco Tuesday and make a low carb taco stuffed pepper that will win over the family.
What Color Of Peppers Are Best For Stuffed Peppers
You can use any color of peppers you would like. Green offer a more savory aspect, red, yellow and orange are sweeter in flavor.
You can even grab an assortment of bell peppers and use them. The Instant Pot will pressurize and give these peppers a tender texture for easy slicing and devouring.
Is There Rice In These Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
No, there is no rice in this recipe. If you would add rice it would make these peppers carb-heavy.
You could opt to use cauliflower rice if you would prefer, to add more texture and flavor to your stuffed peppers.
How To Serve Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Chopped Cilantro
- Limes (squeeze juice over peppers)
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
Or add any other of your favorite taco toppings onto your peppers. These truly are packed with flavor, and as they cook, the pepper flavor infuses into the meat some, adding so much flavor.
Looking for more low carb Instant Pot Recipes
Healthy Instant Pot Chili | A no bean chili that is low carb, savory and a great meal to prep and make for freezer meals down the line.
Instant Pot Low Carb Porcupine Meatballs | I loved eating porcupine meatballs growing up, and this version is incredible and offers a low carb take.
How Do Make Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
Start by prepping your peppers so they are ready to be stuffed.
Then pour water into the Instant Pot, and add your trivet. Then in a bowl, you will add in your meat, seasonings, garlic, onion and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Use your hands to mix until well blended, then divide the meat up and stuff into peppers.
Place the peppers on the trivet inside the pressure cooker. Close the lid, and set the valve to sealing. Then cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, and naturally release 6-8 minutes.
Once they are done top each pepper with the remaining cheese. Then carefully remove peppers from Instant Pot, and serve. I recommend using tongs to grab the peppers!
Can I Use Ground Turkey in place Of Ground Beef
Yes, you are welcome to swap out to ground turkey in this recipe. You could even use ground chicken if you prefer. I think the beef offers more flavor but feel free to use what you prefer.
Tools Needed For Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot or other pressure cooker for cooking peppers.
- Trivet to keep peppers out of the water.
- Tongs are great for grabbing the peppers out of the pressure cooker.
- Mixing Bowl for blending the meat with spices and other ingredients.
How To Store Taco Stuffed Peppers
If you don’t eat all your peppers you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
To reheat your peppers you can easily warm them up in the microwave, or place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until they are warmed.
Covering with aluminum foil will help prevent the peppers from drying out.
Can You Freeze Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Unfortunately, you will not want to freeze your peppers. The reason being is the peppers will break down even more once they thaw from being frozen.
Give this low carb Instant Pot stuffed peppers recipe a try.
- 4 Medium Bell Peppers
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Cup Water
- 1 ½ Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Shredded Fiesta Blend Cheese, Divided
- Remove the tops, core, and seeds from each bell pepper.
- Pour water into pressure cooker liner. Add the trivet over the water.
- In the large bowl, add ground beef, seasonings, onion, garlic, and ½ cup cheese. Blend together well with hands. Divide into equal portions according to the number of bell peppers.
- Stuff the meat mixture into each bell pepper. Position bell peppers on the trivet inside the electric pressure cooker.
- Close the pressure cooker and set the value to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. When the cycle is complete, allow the electric pressure cooker to release naturally for 6 to 8 minutes before quick release.
- Top each pepper with remaining cheese and cover until melted.
- Carefully remove the bell peppers from the pressure cooker, allowing any excess liquid in the peppers to pour back into the pot. (Long handled tongs are especially useful.) Serve with chopped cilantro, limes, sour cream, salsa, avocado, or your favorite taco toppings.
Serving Size1 Stuffed Pepper
Amount Per Serving Calories 422Total Fat 25gCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 2gProtein 41g