We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick, single serve dish that is full of flavor! Perfect for a fast lunch, this zucchini dish has a luscious creamy sauce, with bits of crispy bacon. This recipe is low carb, gluten free, and a Trim Healthy Mama – S dish.
(This post contains affiliate links, which provide me with a small compensation when you purchase your products through my links. Thank you for your support!)
I admit, I did not jump on the “zoodle” bandwagon until just recently. I am amazed at how good they taste, and how easy they are to prepare! My sister-in-law bought me a Handheld Vegetable Spiralizer for Christmas a couple years ago, and it works perfect for this dish! It is easy to hold and easy to clean (because I can throw it in the dishwasher)! That is my style!
It won’t be long before zucchini will be in season and our neighbors will be begging us to take some off their hands. I will be very happy to help them out! Zucchini, on its own, does not have a very distinct flavor – in fact it really does not have any flavor at all! That is one reason why it is perfect for this easy alfredo. The zoodles take on the flavor of the creamy sauce and bacon!
Now, for the sake of photographs, I cooked the sauce in a different pan. However, when I make this for myself, I usually use ONE pan! If I fry my own bacon (instead of using pre-cooked bacon crumbles), I drain off most of the fat, only reserving a small amount. Then I cook my zoodles in the bacon grease, add the sauce ingredients, and stir until the sauce has thickened. Its not quite as pretty, but it tastes just as good! (And I only have one pan to wash!)
If you use pre-cooked bacon crumbles, this dish could literally be ready in less than 10 minutes! It is so easy!
So, what do you need for this recipe?
1 Medium Zucchini, Spiralized
1-2 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled (or 1/4 Cup Pre-Cooked Bacon Crumbles)
1/4 – 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt (*see note in Recipe Card)
1 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tablespoons Half & Half
3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese (the kind from a green can)
If you are looking for more zucchini recipes, check out this amazing zucchini roundup!
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox! (Look for the sign-up box at the very top of this page.) Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Speedy Zucchini Bacon Alfredo (THM-S, Low Carb)
- 1 Medium Zucchini Spiralized
- 1-2 Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled (or 1/4 Cup Pre-Cooked Bacon Crumbles)
- 1/4 - 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Half & Half
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese the kind from the green can
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Drain bacon grease from pan, reserving a small amount if desired.
- Make your "zoodles." (Spiralize the zucchini.)
- Saute the zoodles and bacon pieces in the bacon grease for 3-4 minutes, or until the zoodles begin to soften.
- Remove zoodles from pan.
- In a separate saucepan, combine heavy whipping cream, half & half, and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat until mixture begins to bubble and thicken.
- Pour alfredo sauce over zoodles and serve.