It’s all included in these delicious little gems. I’ve been working on a few protein bar recipes because I like the option of a quick snack I can grab and eat without thinking. My Coconut Cream Protein Fudge Bars have been very popular, and I hope to have a double chocolate version of those out soon.
But back to these little beauties. This is one of those throw and go recipes. You really can add or omit any of the add-ins to make it your own! The peanut butter, protein powder and seeds provide protein, while the collagen gives a nutritional boost as well as adds additional protein. (Seriously, collagen is one of my favorite products!)
These literally take less than 10 minutes to throw together, then you just have to wait for them to harden (the hard part). Did I mention that they are no bake? Yet another reason to make these little gems – you don’t have to heat up your kitchen!
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 cup Integral Collagen
- 1/4 cup Protein Powder (I used this brand because it was what I had, but I’m sure THM Pristine Whey would work here as well!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into mold and place in freezer to harden.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in either the fridge or freezer (I keep mine in the freezer).
That’s all! How simple is that? If there are any of the add-ins that don’t appeal to you, simply omit them. Conversely, if you think of a great addition (cocoa powder, anyone) add it in! You really can’t go wrong!
I have this Silicone Rectangle Bar Pan, and I got exactly nine bars out of this recipe. If you do not have a mold, you could pour it into a loaf pan or 8×8 baking dish and cut into bars when firm.
This post contains affiliate links which provide me with a small commission when you make a purchase through those links. The profits go to the support of my family and this blog. Thank you!