We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An easy enchilada recipe that is full of green chiles, chicken, and cheese! This recipe is also low carb and a THM-S dish.
(This post contains affiliate links, which provide me with a small compensation when you purchase your products through my links. Thank you for your support!)
My family loves Mexican food. Okay, so it is probably not true Mexican, but maybe more of an American Mexican. We love the flavors of chiles, cilantro, cumin, and guacamole. We probably have some form of Mexican food at least once a week (and sometimes twice)!
My husband especially loves enchiladas, and when one of my readers asked for a Green Chile Chicken Enchilada, I set to work. This recipe uses low carb tortillas, but if you are a Purist you could use the Wonder Wraps recipe (from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook).
I used my Instant Pot to cook my chicken (I'm seriously in LOVE with that appliance)! It has made my life in the kitchen so much easier! I can have chicken ready and shredded in less than an hour, with only 5 minutes of hands-on time. It is wonderful! If you do not have an Instant Pot, please do yourself a favor and put it on your wish list!
Once you have the chicken cooked, you will make a sauce to pour over the enchiladas. The most difficult part is assembling them - and that isn't even difficult!
So, what do you need for these enchiladas?
3 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
1 Cup Salsa Verde
1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin, Divided
1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro, Divided
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
1/2 Cup Half & Half or Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 Jalapeno, Seeded
7 Ounce Can Chopped Green Chiles
8-10 Low Carb Tortillas
2 Cups Shredded Cheese (flavor of your choice)
Be sure to sign up with your email address so you can receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox! (Look for the sign-up box on the right sidebar if you are on a desktop, or at the very bottom of this post if you are using a mobile device.) Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
- 3 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin Divided
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro Divided
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Jalapeno Seeded
- 7 Ounce Can Green Chiles
- 8-10 Low Carb Tortillas
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese flavor of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix shredded chicken with salsa verde, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Fill each low carb tortilla with the chicken mixture, and 1-2 Tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll tortillas and place in a greased 9x13 dish.
- Place softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, half & half (or unsweetened almond milk), garlic salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, seeded jalapeno, green chiles, and remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro in a blender. Blend until you have a creamy sauce.
- Pour sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
This looks amazing! I'm a newbie to THM. Could you please clarify whether you use a low carb flour tortilla or Joseph's wheat tortilla? Thank you!
I used Mission low carb tortillas.
I'm in the process of making these yummy looking enchiladas and I don't see garlic salt in the ingredient section, but it is listed in the instructions. Is it a part of the recipe? love your blog by the way!
Hmmm . . . I'm sorry - I'll have to take a peek into that! Probably an oversight on my part! 🙁
Thanks for noticing - I added it to the ingredient list!
Made this when my in-laws came to visit and it was a hit! my two-year old even ate some, and he is a picky eater at the moment. Thanks for sharing! So easy and delicious!!!!
How many carbs does it have? It may be in the post but I've read it several times and I'm missing it. Thanks!
I'm sorry, this post was published before I started adding macros.
Can this sauce be made ahead of time and frozen?
I would think so, but I have not tried that.
Looks yummy! Which Salsa Verde did you use?
I used the Great Value Brand from Walmart.
if i used sliced zuchini instead of low carb tortillas would that change the fuel setting?
No, it would still be an S fuel.