We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
All the savory flavors of pizza in a 2 minute microwaveable muffin!
This recipe was born out of desperation. (OK, maybe desperation is a strong word) But it was one of those days that I was hanging around the fridge trying to decide “What in the world am I going to eat?” I’m not so good at planning ahead, though I know that I have much better success on my Trim Healthy Mama journey when I map out meals ahead of time.
Anyway, I suddenly came upon the inspiration to make a savory muffin in a mug! What better to try than pizza! I already have several pizza-themed recipes (Low Carb Stromboli, Sausage and Cheese Calzones), so why not add another to the list?
This comes together quickly and takes less than two minutes to cook in the microwave. Cheesy pizza goodness in two minutes? Yes, please!
Now a word about this recipe. Please, please, please don’t be disappointed that this muffin in a mug doesn’t taste like pizza crust – it is not even intended to mimic pizza crust. It is a muffin, with a muffin texture. A muffin with pepperoni, cheese, and Italian spices – and it tastes delicious!
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6-8 pepperoni slices, chopped
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in large mug or large microwaveable ramekin.
- Add remaining ingredients and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (I have a 1000 watt microwave – you may need to adjust times slightly for higher or lower wattage).
I used kitchen scissors to finely chop the pepperoni slices into small bits, but you can use the pepperoni however you want.
Feel free to eat it right out of the mug, or turn it out onto a plate and top it with a sprinkle of mozzarella and serve with your favorite pizza sauce!
This post contains affiliate links which provide me with a small commission when you make a purchase through those links. The profits go to the support of my family and this blog. Thank you!