We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whip up a batch of this popular slow cooker low carb buffalo chicken soup. This buffalo soup uses pantry essentials to whip up a comforting buffalo chicken soup that carries a little kick of flavor.
If you are looking for an easy slow cooker keto recipe, this soup hits the mark. Just toss your soup ingredients in and let them cook in your slow cooker.
When it is cold outside and you are looking for a light and low carb soup to fuel your body and warm you up, this buffalo chicken soup is sure to be a go-to recipe.
It never disappoints, is so simple, and 8 ingredients is all you need. Plus, this soup is a Trim Healthy Mama S recipe.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup
Buffalo chicken is one flavor pairing we enjoy a lot!
Buffalo wing sauce and ranch are made for each other and all of these recipes above attest to that.
Main Ingredients Needed
Boneless Chicken - Any cut off chicken will do as long as it is boneless and you can cut into small cubes. Or if you have pre-cook chicken that you meal prepped in the freezer, you can use that as well.
Chicken Broth - If watching your sodium, feel free to use the low sodium broth. You have so much flavor from all the other ingredients you don’t even lack any flavor.
Vegetables - Celery and onions help to elevate the flavor of this soup even more. It is also a fantastic way to sneak in more veggies into your family's diet. All the wing sauce broth overpowers everything else.
Wing Sauce and Ranch - Grab any keto style wing sauce and pair it with powdered ranch. This is where so much flavor comes from in this soup.
Xanthan Gum - This ingredient is optional. I enjoy mixing some into the soup as it helps the buffalo soup to thicken.
Ways To Serve Up
- Top with green onions
- Sprinkle of shredded cheese
- Added swirl of hot sauce or more buffalo wing sauce
- Sliced jalapeños
Get creative and add on any of your favorite toppings or eat plain. This soup is a great one to serve a crowd and have all the topping ideas in bowls and let each person dress their own bowl of soup.
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup
The process to make buffalo chicken soup in the slow cooker is very straightforward.
Simply toss all ingredients except xanthan gum into slow cooker. Coon on high for 3 hours.
At 3 hour mark, you can remove the lid, stir in xanthan gum and let it cook for an additional 15 minutes.
The xanthan gum is going to take the liquid in the soup and thicken it. So you get a creamier texture. This step is of course optional. You don't have to thicken the soup if you would prefer to skip. I just find thicker soups feel heartier when you eat them.
Adjusting Heat in Soup
Some like it hot, some don’t. If you run into a household that is divided, make sure to leave extra hot sauce out.
Give your soup a milder flavor by using less buffalo sauce or reach for a milder brand. You will also find the ranch in the recipe helps to level out the heat factor of the soup!
- Use a slow cooker liner, this makes your soup an easy cleanup. Just line, dump, and cook, then remove the remaining soup and then toss the liner in the trash.
- Feel free to double the recipe if you have a large enough slow cooker.
- You can cook this buffalo chicken soup on the stovetop in a pot, just turn the pot to low and allow it to simmer. Make sure to stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Here Are More Recipes To Add Into Your List To Make
If you love trying out new recipes, here are a few more recipes to whip up and try. From sweet to savory, I got you covered!
As you can see this slow cooker buffalo chicken soup is so simple to make. A low carb soup that will not disappoint in flavor!
Plus, I will never complain about an easy prep dinner that practically cooks itself.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup wing sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons xanthan gum for thickening
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT xanthan gum into the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Stir in xanthan gum, if desired, and allow to cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened.