I was recently staying at my Mom’s house on vacation. Someone had given her a bunch of fresh peaches – they were very small, but delicious! I knew I wanted to create something with them, and my first idea was a cobbler, but I didn’t have any of the proper flours with me to make an E cobbler. The end result was this delicious peach crisp instead.
- There are only six ingredients
- There are no special ingredients if you use your favorite on-plan sweetener
- It is an E dessert, and we know those are few and far between!
- 1 medium/large peach, sliced
- 2 tsp Xylitol
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp Xylitol
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbs unsweetened almond milk
- In a microwaveable bowl, place sliced peaches and 2 tsp. xylitol. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until peaches begin to form a sauce.
- Combine remaining ingredients (oats, xylitol, cinnamon, baking powder and almond milk) and spread on top of peach mixture.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Top with Fat Free Reddi Whip or Homemade Vanilla 000 Yogurt.
- If you would rather bake yours in the oven, use an oven safe bowl and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until top starts to turn a golden brown.
- You can skip the first step altogether and the recipe turns out fine, but I like my peaches syrupy, so I usually cook them a bit first. If omitting the first step, simply toss peaches with 2 tsp. xylitol, then pour the oat mixture on top and microwave or bake.
- If you do not have Xylitol, you can substitute Erythritol or Pure Stevia Extract to taste. If using Gentle Sweet, I would double the amounts.
- This makes a great E dessert, snack or breakfast. If having for a snack or breakfast, I would add some extra protein. You could add Collagen to the oat mixture, have Vanilla 000 yogurt on the side, or pair it with any other good E protein source.