We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love cinnamon rolls - in fact in my days before Trim Healthy Mama I would make them fairly often. There's just something about the sweet warm cinnamon flavor that I love!
I still love that flavor, and thankfully I was able to recreate it in this simple protein smoothie. This smoothie clocks in at 26 grams of protein, so it makes a nice snack or light meal, and it keeps me full for several hours.
The bonus for me in this recipe is that it is an "E" fuel, meaning it is low in fat and contains healthy carbs. I don't have enough E's in my life, so I gladly welcome this recipe!
- ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Gentle Sweet
- 1 tablespoon Collagen Hydrolysate or Integral Collagen
- 1 tablespoon Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- Dash vanilla
- ½ frozen banana
- ⅔ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
- I used my Ninja single serve blender for this, and I didn't have room for the full ⅔ cup of ice. I blended some, then put the remaining ice in and blended again. If you have a larger blender you should be able to do it all at once.
- You can substitute whatever on-plan sweetener you want in place of the Gentle Sweet - just sweeten to taste.
If you like healthy drinks, you may like my Secret Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake or Grape Good Girl Moonshine recipes!
This post contains affiliate links which provide me with a small commission when you make a purchase through those links. The profits go to the support of my family and this blog. Thank you!