We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Chocolate Pecan Muffins are a quick and easy homemade keto chocolate muffin that is studded with pecans throughout. Whip up these almond flour chocolate muffins for breakfast or a mid-day snack.
Keto Chocolate Pecan Muffins
I find that almond flour is a great keto flour to use when making muffins. It helps the muffins hold up well and offer a nice texture.
Ingredients For Keto Muffins
Almond Flour – Reach for a finer ground almond flour to make your muffins. If you do, you will find it a nice fluffy texture.
Blanched almond flour is finer, and always what you need to buy instead of almond meal. They are two different kinds of flour and you will not have a good end-result with almond meal.
Lily’s Baking Chips – I love using Lily’s baking chips when I made baked goods. I find that it is very close to a classic chocolate chip but sticks to that sugar-free lifestyle.
Unsweetened Cocoa – To get that chocolate flavor you want, cocoa powder is a must in this recipe.
Pecans – Add in some chopped pecans, for a nice crunch. You could swap out the pecans for another type of nut if you would like.
Eggs, Oil, Baking Soda, Salt, Sweetener – Lastly you have the rest of the ingredients that bring these muffins to a mix. This recipe uses Sugar-Free Brown Sugar for the sweetener in these muffins.
Are Pecans Keto Friendly
Nuts are high in fat, and pecans are keto-friendly. Just remember to eat in moderation.
Nuts are much higher in calories, so it is important to use moderation.
How To Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Muffins
Start by mixing your dry ingredients in a bowl. Leave the chocolate chips and nuts out, you will fold them in at the end.
Now in a bowl, mix eggs and oil together in a bowl, slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Scoop your batter into a muffin tin that has liners or greased. Bake accordingly to the recipe card below.
How to Know When Muffins Are Done
Take a toothpick and stick in the center of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean without batter, your pecan chocolate muffins are done.
If you find they have wet batter, you can cook another minute or so. Just watch to not overbake your muffins or they will dry out.
I love to meal prep, and these muffins are a great recipe. Whip up a batch or two, and then toss them in the freezer.
Then remove however many muffins you want, heat up in the microwave, oven, or let them thaw on the counter. This muffin recipe is great to freeze and have on hand for when you need a quick grab and go breakfast or snack.
A lot of times when I go to bake muffins I always do a double batch. Then I stock my freezer with extra muffins for my family to grab and enjoy.
Variations to Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Use a mini muffin pan for smaller bite-size muffins. Just grease the pan first or use mini liners. Just reduce the bake time, as the mini muffins will cook faster.
- Reach for a Monk fruit sweetener or another type of sweetener to replace the homemade brown sugar subsitute if you would like. Just ensure you convert proper measurements.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or even almond extract for added flavor to the muffins.
- You can swap out the nuts for a different variety or leave the nuts out altogether.
There are many ways you can adjust the muffins to fit your needs.
Interested In More Dessert Recipes To Try Out
Give this muffin recipe a try! Eat for breakfast or even a dessert with a dollop of whipped cream or even a drizzle of a keto caramel sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line your cupcake tins.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, save the pecans and chocolate chips for last.
- Mix in eggs and oil and until mixture is well combined.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into 12 even cupcake tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.