We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pizza soup is a hearty soup that delivers all the flavors of a supreme style pizza. Double meat, mushrooms, bell peppers, Italian seasoning, and more. Instant pot pizza soup is a low carb soup perfect for any time you need a family-pleasing low-carb dinner.
This low carb cheesy soup will quickly become a favorite. Get creative and change up the ingredients to create a custom pizza soup for the family. This recipe is also a Trim Healthy Mama S recipe.
Instant Pot Pizza Soup
The Instant Pot is such a great kitchen accessory to make soup. You can cook in a fraction of the time for that slow simmered flavor in every spoonful.
But the vest part of all this is a low carb soup that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
Can You Meal Prep With This Soup
This soup recipe reheats nicely. Make a batch or even double batch of this soup and save back the leftovers to reheat for lunch or even dinners later in the week.
Due to the cream cheese in the soup, you will find it doesn’t freeze the best. It will curdle a bit in texture, so it's best to just reheat it from cold.
Can I Swap Out Meat In Soup
This keto pizza soup uses ground beef and Italian sausage. Using both meats really helps to add a lot of depth of flavor to the dish.
But feel free to use only one meat, change it up, etc.
Or if you want a meatless soup skip the meat and use a vegetable broth. You could add in a few extra mushrooms to make it a bit heartier.
How to Make Low Carb Pizza Soup In Crock Pot
To make the soup in your crockpot instead of pressure cooker is pretty easy.
Cook up your meat and place it in the crockpot. Add in all the other ingredients, except cream cheese, heavy cream, and kale. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
Around 20-30 minutes before serving add in cream cheese, kale, and the heavy cream. Mix until incorporated and kale wilts down to your preference.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled
If you have a larger pressure cooker you should very easily be able to double the recipe. The biggest thing is to always watch for the max fill line.
You need to make sure you don’t go over the line or you can run into issues. Most of the time if you go over the line your pressure cooker will be unable to come to pressure.
Here Are More Soups To Consider Trying
- Low Carb Chicken Taco Soup | This Soup is a great one for you on taco Tuesday. Creamy, hearty, and loaded with Tex Mex flavor.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup | Skip takeout and make up a low carb version of your favorite broccoli cheddar soup. This is one of my go-to's for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- 23 Low Carb Soups | This list of soups is so helpful! Not sure what kind of soup to make? Scroll through the list and find the perfect recipe!
- Make sure to drain off excess fat once the meat is fully cooked. Otherwise it will be pretty greasy.
- Make sure to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to prevent any stuck on food causing a burn notice when you go to pressure cook.
- Quick release the pressure once soup is cooked. If juices come squirting out place a towel by spout to help catch the mess. Carefully and slowly work at releasing pressure.
- If you own a larger instant pot you can double your recipe.
- Get creative and change up some of the ingredients. This will help give you a different layer of flavor.
Does This Soup Freeze Well
Due to the cream cheese and heavy cream in the soup you will find doesn't thaw well.
The soup has heavy cream and cream cheese. When it is thawed it will kind of curdle due to the heavy cream and cream cheese, so I wouldn't recommend freezing it.
Instant Pot Low Carb Pizza Soup
- 1 16 ounce package Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 8 ounce package baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 zucchini cut through the length and then in 1 inch slices
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 32 ounce container beef broth
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 cups kale coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Brown the meats in a skillet or in the electric pressure cooker using the saute function. Drain well.
- In the electric pressure cooker, add the meats, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, red bell pepper, seasoning, and beef broth. Stir together until blended.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Do not stir.
- Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Cook on the “pressure cook” or “manual” setting for 15 minutes. Turn the valve for a quick release.
- Into the soup, stir the cream cheese until melted. Add the kale and heavy cream. Stir to blend and allow the kale to wilt.
- Serve topped with mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan, sliced pepperoni, and/or sliced black olives.