We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My husband has long been a lover of calzones. His absolute favorite is ham and cheese (more on that in another post). He whole-heartedly approves of these calzones!
I was having one of those evenings when I didn’t know what I was going to make for dinner. I had been wanting to try this dough with calzones, and it turned out fantastic!
This recipe uses the dough from my Low-Carb Stromboli recipe. You will need to make a double batch for these calzones, and you should get 8 Calzones.
- Double batch of Low Carb Stromboli dough
- 1 pound sausage of choice, browned and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg white (for an egg wash)
- Parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Make the Low Carb Stromboli dough, and divide it into 8 balls.
- On parchment paper, flatten balls into circles.
- Place a few spoonfuls of sausage in the center of the circle.
- Sprinkle onion (if using) and shredded mozzarella on top of the sausage.
- Gently fold the dough over the filling and seal the edges.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Bake in 425 oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tops turn golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite pizza or marinara sauce!
This post contains affiliate links which provide me with a small commission when you make a purchase through those links. The profits go to the support of my family and this blog. Thank you!