We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is such a simple breakfast or snack and really there are no hard and fast measurements. It is really quite adjustable to your own tastes! It is fast, simple, and tastes delicious! This and my Secret Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie are my two favorite breakfasts!
I start with my own homemade vanilla 000 yogurt. It is much less expensive for me to make my own at home, and it doesn’t have the added chicory root (an added bonus for those who can’t tolerate it in the store-bought Triple Zero)!
I like the flavor of strawberries in mine, but you could easily sub another kind of berry (as long as it is low carb). Then I add toasted coconut flakes, almond slivers, chia seeds, and Lily’s chocolate chips. Some mornings, (when I’m feeling extra indulgent), I even add a drizzle of caramel sauce! So delicious!
I like to cut up my strawberries, add 1-3 tsp. Xylitol and microwave them for 30 seconds or so – just until it makes a nice syrup. This step is completely optional – you can simply cut them up and put them on top of your yogurt, but I love the simple sauce. As an added bonus, the warm sauce makes the chocolate chips melty! (Who doesn’t love chocolate and strawberry?)
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or make your own Triple Zero)
- 2-4 fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Slivered Almonds (or nut of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Simply layer all the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! How simple is that?
- If you would like to make the strawberry sauce, simply chop your strawberries, add 1-3 teaspoons of xylitol, and microwave for 30 – 60 seconds.
This is completely customizable to your taste preference! Don’t be afraid to be creative and think outside the box! Sometimes I use this amazing granola recipe in place of the almonds, coconut & chocolate chips!
What are your favorite flavor combinations for yogurt?
This post contains affiliate links, which provide me with a small commission at no extra cost to you. This goes to support my family and this blog. Thank you!