We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whip up this homemade keto blueberry bread for a snack, breakfast treat, or even to gift to loved ones. A gluten-free and sugar-free healthy blueberry bread that is studded with sweet blueberries in each slice.
If you are a fan of blueberries, this blueberry bread recipe uses almond flour and sweetener so it is a keto-approved quick bread recipe.
This is also a great Trim Healthy Mama S recipe!
Light and full of fresh fruit flavor, this blueberry bread screams spring and summer months with each bite. Whip up this blueberry keto bread today.
Why This Is Such A Popular Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe
- Simple ingredients
- Easy steps to get the batter whipped up and baking
- Stores well
- Freezes great
- Perfect for a keto breakfast, snack, or dessert
- You can use fresh or frozen berries in this recipe
Ingredients For Blueberry Bread
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Baking Powder
How to Make Keto Blueberry Bread Recipe
Get your oven preheating and prep your pan. Then you will add in your eggs, vanilla, baking powder and swerve into a bowl and mix until nice and frothy.
Now add in the cream and butter and mix until combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
Fold in the blueberries, and then pour the batter into the pan. Bake as directed, using a toothick to check doneness.
Let rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve this delicious fresh blueberry bread.
Can I Skip Coconut Flour and do all Almond Flour in Recipe
You will see the recipe calls for two tablespoons of coconut flour. It is very important to not swap coconut flour for almond flour. It will affect the way your bread turns out.
Make sure to use coconut flour and don't skip it.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap the blueberries with other fruit. Diced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or even do a mix of berries.
- Add in some lemon juice and some lemon zest for a lemon blueberry bread.
- You can create a sugar free glaze to drizzle over the top of the bread if you would like added sweetness to it.
- Add on an orange glaze made with orange flavoring and orange zest for a nice citrus twist to the bread.
Storing Your Keto Bread
You will want to store your bread in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It can be stored at room temperature but it will spoil a lot faster.
Eat the bread cold or consider tossing a slice in the microwave for a warm fresh out of the oven flavor.
Can You Freeze Bread
Yes, this bread freezes really well. Place in an airtight container and freeze for 3-4 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight or warm it up straight from being frozen.
Why is almond flour OK on keto diet?
Almond flour is a low carb high in fat. This is the optimal flour for the ketogenic diet. Now, you need to make sure that depending on the brand you buy or making your own, macros vary in terms of flour.
Coconut flour is also approved to be keto friendly. That is why you will see this sweet bread recipe uses both.
Can you eat blueberries on the keto diet?
While blueberries are higher carbs they are safe to eat on the keto diet. The key to eating blueberries while following the diet, is eat in moderation.
I love having them in rotation, as it is great to buy the berries on sale, but also, a nice change from other fruits.
Does this recipe double well?
Looking to make extra blueberry quick bread? Go right ahead and double the recipe if you would like. Save one in the freezer or slice and serve both of them right away. Just reach for a second pan, so the bread evenly bakes up in the oven.
Looking for more blueberry recipes
- Low Carb Blueberry Pancakes - Serve up pancakes for breakfast with fresh berries studded throughout the pancakes. Drizzle on some sugar-free syrup and enjoy.
- Lemon Blueberry Scones - Here is another breakfast starter recipe. This is a low-carb scone recipe that is fresh and full of blueberry lemon flavor in each nibble.
- Blueberry Coffee Cake - This is an ultra-creamy blueberry coffee cake that has cream cheese in it for tons of flavor. A low-carb recipe you will have to try for yourself.
Keto Blueberry Bread
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup of Swerve Granular or use regular erythritol
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour do not substitute this with almond flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons of Soft Butter
- 3/4 Cup of Blueberries
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a hand mixer, combine eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and Swerve sugar until frothy.
- Mix in the butter and cream until well incorporated.
- Add in dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries, you do not want them to tear apart.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and add batter. Cook for 40-50 minutes. Start keeping an eye around 35 minutes as it may be done quicker. Check with a fork or toothpick to make sure it is cooked through.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes and then enjoy!