We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In just 30 minutes you can have this Keto Jambalaya ready to serve up your family. Andouille sausage, shrimp, Cajun spice, cauliflower rice, and more. This cauliflower jambalaya will not disappoint.
I tend to enjoy quick and easy dinners on busy weeknights. This double meat jambalaya is one your whole family will get excited for when you say you are making it.
A healthier and lighter jambalaya recipe that won't lack in flavor, just in carbs.
Top Ingredients For Keto Jambalaya
Sausage and Shrimp | Sausage and shrimp are the two types of meat used to help add lots of rich flavor to this recipe.
You can use Andouille or even a Kielbasa sausage. I find the sausage paired with the shrimp helps amplify the flavor and blends nicely.
Vegetables | Vegetables are so important when making a homemade jambalaya. This is going to bring layers upon layers of flavor.
Celery, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and garlic are all used to really help add optimal flavor.
Then you have your Cajun seasoning that helps to bring out even more natural flavors in your veggies.
Cauliflower Rice | Traditional jambalaya is served with a traditional white rice.
But being keto, low-carb, or THM, you can't have starchy white rice. You can make homemade cauliflower rice, or opt to buy refrigerated cauliflower rice or from the freezer.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by adding some oil into your pot, or dutch oven. You will heat on medium heat. Then add in your onions, peppers, and celery. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until your vegetables become soft.
Step 2: Now you will add in your sliced sausage and saute for another 4-5 minutes. You want to get a bit of a browned crust on your sausage. Then toss in your minced garlic and stir for another minute.
Step 3: Then you will add in the rest of the ingredients, all but the cauliflower rice and shrimp. Mix and bring the ingredients to a boil.
Then turn the stove to a low heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. This will help to add a lot of flavor to the keto Cajun recipe.
Step 4: Now add in your cauliflower and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is fully cooked. The liquid in the pot will reduce a bit as it cooks. This takes around 5-7 minutes.
Step 5: Once done remove from heat and serve up. You can top with some sliced green onions or parsley or both.
What Is Jambalaya Supposed to Taste Like
This cauliflower rice jambalaya will have a nice rich Cajun flavor, along with a mellow cauliflower rice flavor and shrimp and sausage. You will find this recipe taste very similar to the traditional recipe.
The only difference is the type of rice you are using. I think you will be pleasantly surprised about this recipe.
Looking For More Easy Recipes To Add To Your Menu Plan
- Easy Cheesy Keto Cabbage Casserole | If you are a fan of cabbage you will have to try this cabbage casserole. Simple ingredients, healthy, and very easy.
- Sausage and Cheese Calzones | Cheesy, easy, and a favorite. This is a keto and low carb recipe that will honestly satisfy your cravings.
- Cream Cheese Chaffles | Here is a cream cheese chaffle recipe that you can make as well. Whether for breakfast, an easy lunch!
Can You Meal Prep With Cajun Keto Jambalaya
You can easily use this jambalaya dish to meal prep for a few days out of the week. Just place in a proper airtight container and store for up to three days in the fridge.
If you go over the three day mark you need to use your best judgement. Reheat in the microwave, a skillet or even cover and bake in the oven.
(You might find you have to add a bit more chicken stock if it appears to be drying out.)
Can I Add Chicken To This Recipe
You will find that you can add chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Feel free to cook up chicken as well if you would like for another layer of meat in the recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Andouille or Kielbasa Sausage thinly sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers diced
- 1/2 Large Onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Pound Shrimp peeled, deveined and thawed
- 4 Cups Riced Cauliflower (frozen or fresh work)
- 1 14 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Green Onions and fresh Parsley diced for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, onions, and celery. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the sausage and saute for another 4-5 minutes, until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for shrimp and cauliflower rice) and mix well.
- Bring close to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and shrimp and cook until shrimp is cooked through, and liquid is reduced, about 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with sliced green onions and parsley.