We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto stuffed peppers is a satisfying weeknight dinner that can be whipped up in no time. These stuffed peppers are loaded with ground beef, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, and more for a flavorful stuffed peppers recipe.
This recipe also works great as a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel!
If you are on a healthy eating journey, you might be looking for new recipes to try out. I have a few favorites for you to check out. Keto shrimp tacos, Reuben in a bowl, or these bbq chicken keto sliders.
Keto Stuffed Peppers
Quick prep, easy cook, and a satisfying dinner that the whole family can enjoy.
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
Step 1: Start by prepping your bell peppers. You will slice of the top and then use a spoon to remove the seeds and membrane from the center of the peppers. It will act as little cups to hold the meat mixture.
Step 2: In a cast iron skillet, you will add oil and start cooking your ground beef until no longer pink. Once the beef is done you will remove and drain off excess fat and place beef to the side.
Step 3: In the same pan add oil and peppers and garlic and saute them. This is going to allow the flavors to release and really amplify the mixture. Add your drained beef back in and mix around.
Step 4: Add in your diced tomatoes, and seasonings. Saute for around 5 minutes to really help the flavors fuse together.
Step 5: Put the filling into the stuffed peppers and top with cheese. You will bake these in a casserole pan in the oven according to the recipe card that is below.
Top with Italian seasoning and garlic once you remove from the oven for a stunning presentation value! These stuffed peppers keto style are not only delicious but pretty to serve up!
Could I Swap Meat Out In This Recipe For Stuffed Peppers
This keto dinner is one of my favorites. You can easily reach for ground turkey, pork, etc. Feel free to also do a mix half beef half pork if you want. It is all about your personal preference for flavoring.
How Long Do Stuffed Peppers Take to Cook
Since all the filling of the peppers are fully cooked, you are mainly cooking to melt the cheese on top and soften up the pepper shells.
You will find around 15-20 minutes the peppers will be cooked. Or if you want a softer pepper you could go all the way up to 30-45 minutes. For me I find it is all about what your personal preference is in terms of texture of the bell pepper.
Can I Prep The Peppers Ahead Of Time
If you want to make these stuffed keto peppers in advance go ahead. What I recommend doing is cooking up the meat mixture and then storing in a container in the fridge.
Then right before you are wanting to serve, stuff your peppers and toss right in the oven. That way you have minimal prep before you need to bake. You can prep the peppers in advance as well and then store in the fridge.
If you keep your peppers stuffed and stored in the fridge and can soften the peppers quite a bit, so the texture can be altered that way.
Interested in More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Easy Cabbage Keto Casserole | If you are a fan of cabbage you have to try this keto cabbage casserole. Loads of flavor, nutrients, and more.
- BLT Bites | Here is a fantastic BLT bite that is so tasty and loaded with flavor but light and not heavy.
- Yellow Squash Casserole | Here is a fantastic squash casserole that is so easy to whip up! This yellow squash casserole is a must make for you.
I hope you enjoy this easy stuffed peppers recipe. Let me know in the comments below on what you think!
Keto Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut off the tops of the 6 peppers and hollow out the insides. Discard all of the seeds and keep the tops to chop for later use.
- Once hollowed out, place the “pepper cups” in a baking pan and set aside for later.
- Take the tops of the just cut peppers (remove the stems) and chop them. Set the chopped tops aside.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the skillet and then add the ground beef. Cook the beef until brown.
- Once the beef is brown, remove the skillet from heat and drain it. Set the beef aside in a separate bowl so that it can be added later.
- Return the skillet to heat and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Add the chopped pepper tops and garlic to the skillet and sauté them until tender. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the drained ground beef back to the skillet, and mix everything thoroughly.
- Once the beef is mixed, add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, mineral salt, and onion powder to the skillet. Mix thoroughly and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the skillet from the heat and drain again.
- Stuff the beef mixture into each hollowed out “pepper cup”.
- Top each “pepper cup” with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce and then cover each pepper with the shredded cheese.
- Place the baking pan into the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.