We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
5 ingredients is all that stands between you and this low carb pizza casserole. A pepperoni pizza casserole that is cheesy, and loaded with tasty pepperoni in each bite. This is a crustless pizza casserole that is a guilt-free dinner.
Pair with a crisp green salad, and enjoy pizza without all the excess carbs.
Low Carb Pizza Casserole
This is a deconstructed pizza that gives you all your favorite flavors. Your whole family will enjoy this easy and simple casserole.
Ingredients For Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Pizza Sauce – Reach for a lower carb sauce. You can buy pizza sauce or make homemade sugar-free pizza sauce.
- Italian Seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to Make Pizza Low Carb Casserole
Start by spraying your 9×13 pan and then preheat the oven as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Now in a bowl you will add your marinara sauce or pizza sauce and mix with Italian seasoning. Then with this mixture add in the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
In a bowl you will whisk up the eggs, and add in salt and pepper. Stir the eggs into the pepperoni mixture until blended.
Transfer the mixture to the pan, and bake for 45 minutes until fully cooked.
Variations To Pizza Casserole
- Add in some cooked ground turkey, ground beef, or even Italian sausage.
- You can top your casserole with diced peppers, mushrooms, olives, etc. Any veggies work.
- If you want you can do just egg whites instead of the whole eggs. I find using the whole eggs offers the best flavor.
- Use homemade marinara sauce for more of a home-cooked recipe.
- Chop up a head of cauliflower and mix into the pizza mixture instead of the eggs.
- Use pepper jack cheese, Monterey jack, etc for different flavors.
How to Know When The Casserole Is Done
You can take a fork and stick into the casserole. The thing to look for is to make sure the egg is cooked all the way through. The egg will be firm and set up, instead of soft.
Now, the other thing to test is that you can gently jiggle the pan, and see that it doesn’t wiggle in the pan.
Can I Make This Without Eggs
Yes! If you are wanting to change up the dish a bit, you can leave the eggs out. You will find it is a softer texture without the eggs in it, and it will be more like a dip. But, it will be just as tasty as it is with the eggs.
The eggs add a lot of protein and will help fill you up, where without it will not be as filling as a dish.
This casserole tastes pretty good leftover. If you happen to have extra it is wonderful to prep for lunches or a quick reheat dinner as well.
With the meat you will only want to store it for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Anything after that you need to use your best judgement in terms of if the casserole is still good or not.
Is This Casserole Freezer Friendly?
Absolutely! If you are looking for recipes to stock your freezer with this recipe right here is a great one. Simply prep, bake, and allow to cool.
Slice and store in the freezer, or freeze in the casserole pan. Then you can reheat from frozen in the microwave or keep covered in aluminum foil and heat in the oven.
Either route, you get a cheesy, delicious low-carb casserole that is great for any time of the day.
More Low Carb Cravings
How to Make Low Carb Pizza – Don’t feel you can’t enjoy a pizza when you are limiting carbs. This recipe right here is a game-changer.
Low Carb Chicken Fajita Casserole – Another wonderful casserole that is bursting with savory flavors. Onions, peppers, and a seasoned chicken all baked in one game-changer dinner.
Instant Pot Low Carb Pizza Soup – Here is a soup that gives you every flavor of pizza in soup form. Best of all, it is made in a pressure cooker.
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the marinara and Italian seasoning. To this mixture, add the pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Beat in salt and pepper.
- Stir the eggs into the pepperoni mixture until evenly blended.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is set.