We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Low Carb Chicken Spaghetti is a remake of the classic chicken spaghetti recipe you know and love. A keto chicken spaghetti that uses spaghetti squash in replace of noodles, tender chicken, with a creamy sauce.
I know you guys will love this keto spaghetti recipe. It is loaded with flavor and won’t hurt your waistline as a classic pasta dish would. A low carb spaghetti recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Low Carb Chicken Spaghetti
For this chicken spaghetti recipe, I used pre-cooked chicken. You can use leftover chicken that is lightly seasoned if you have it on hand.
This is a great way to use up that leftover rotisserie chicken sitting in your fridge or freezer.
If you don’t have pre-cooked chicken just cook up some chicken and then dice it up or even shred it. If you use boned chicken, make sure to de-bone before you mix in.
What Can I Use To Replace Spaghetti Squash
If you don’t have spaghetti squash you could easily swap with zoodles (zucchini noodles).
Zucchini noodles are another great low carb alternative to pasta. I find it has a fantastic texture and flavor.
You can use either of these squash for your recipe, but please be aware that zucchini noodles may be a little more watery.
Shred Your Own Cheese For Chicken Spaghetti
If you didn’t already know, bagged shredded cheese has added starches so that it prevents the shredded cheese from sticking.
I recommend buying a block of cheese and shredding it yourself. It takes just a few minutes to do, and it will help you get rid of the starches and extra fillers. Whether low carb or not, this is a great tip to know.
Here are more keto dinner ideas
Pizza Stuffed Chicken | If you are a chicken fan, this pizza stuffed chicken lets you get that pizza flavor in a low carb form. A stuffed chicken breast that is downright incredible.
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole | You have all the classic cheesesteak flavors but in casserole form. You won’t even want the bread with this loaded casserole.
Crustless Cheeseburger Pie | I have found this cheeseburger pie is great for the whole family. You get all the flavors of your favorite cheeseburger in a pie form.
Chicken Fajita Casserole | If you are a fan of Mexican whip up this super simple chicken fajita casserole. It is loaded with tender veggies, chicken, and Tex-Mex flavor.
Everything Seasoning Chicken | Savory and downright a favorite chicken recipe. If you love Everything Bagel seasoning, try this chicken today.
How Do You Cook Spaghetti Squash
The first thing you want to do is preheat the oven. Then you will work on your spaghetti squash. Cut your squash in half and then use a spoon to remove the seeds and membrane.
Brush the inside of the spaghetti squash with oil (you can also use coconut oil) and season with salt and pepper.
Put your squash face down on a baking sheet and poke holes in the backside of the squash.
Bake as directed below and then scoop the squash from the peel. It will look like strands of pasta when you pull it with a fork.
You can also pierce your spaghetti squash all over with a sharp knife, then process it in your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water for 15 minutes at manual pressure, then do a quick release.
Can I Double This Keto Chicken Spaghetti
You are more than welcome to double this recipe. I just recommend using multiple baking dishes when you cook it up.
This is great for serving a crowd if you plan to have guests over.
What to Serve With Low Carb Spaghetti
I love this recipe because it is like a meal in one. But I am never opposed to adding more vegetables to the side of this dish.
Does Chicken Spaghetti Freeze Well
Unfortunately because of the cream cheese and sour cream in this chicken spaghetti, you will find it doesn’t thaw well from being frozen. The dairy in this recipe can separate and offer a whole new texture to the recipe.
I recommend only making what you plan to eat before you need to toss it out. You can even half the recipe if you won’t eat a full 9×13 pan.
Low carb chicken spaghetti is truly an easy weeknight keto dinner idea that your family will enjoy. This is even tasty leftover the next day. Just reheat it in the microwave or in the oven.
- 3 to 4 cups (about 1 ½) Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 3 Cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) Cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- Cook spaghetti squash: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds and membranes from the core.
- Brush inside spaghetti squash with refined coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place with the cut side down on a baking sheet prepared with aluminum foil. Pierce a small hole through the back of the spaghetti squash.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until the squash is tender (but not mushy).
- Scoop squash from the peel and pull into strands using two forks.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick coconut cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, diced tomatoes and green chilies, cream cheese, sour cream, ½ cup cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully fold in spaghetti squash to avoid mushing the strands.
- Transfer to casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn golden on the edges and the casserole is hot and bubbling.
Serving Size1/12 of Recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 13gCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 1gProtein 6g