We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli is a better than takeout keto chicken recipe. Sliced chicken breast paired with broccoli florets and a homemade sweet and savory Chinese sauce. All the flavors you love but with just 4 net carbs in each serving.
This recipe also works well for Trim Healthy Mamas! See the full notes in the recipe card below to see how to enjoy this as a THM-FP or THM-E!
Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
Chinese dishes always seem to curb cravings. You could eat this alone or even pair with some cauliflower rice for a fun weekend dinner for your family. I love the broccoli paired with the chicken, it is such a dynamic duo!
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli Florets
If you don’t have fresh broccoli on hand, go right ahead and reach for the bag of frozen broccoli in your freezer. It will work just as good, the texture will be just slightly softer than fresh.
Most fruits and vegetables are frozen at their prime, so you get optimal flavor in frozen fruits and veggies.
How To Make Chinese Chicken
Start by adding your oils to the pan and heat over medium-high heat. Then you will add your sliced chicken to the hot skillet.
Saute the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side. You want to cook the chicken through and brown it up. Once cooked remove from the pan and place on a plate to keep warm.
Now toss in your broccoli and steam the broccoli to fit the texture you prefer. Now add in the chicken, and work in making up the Chinese chicken sauce.
Pour the mixture into the pan and allow it to blend with the chicken and broccoli. Then sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
What is A Good Brown Sugar Substitute
Chinese chicken and broccoli are known for the sweet and savory components in the dish. So adding sweet is essential.
I have my own brown sugar substitute that I find to work wonderfully in this recipe.
Can I Swap Boneless Chicken Thighs Into Recipe
If you want to make this dish a little bit fattier you can for sure dice up and use boneless chicken thighs.
I find that bone-in chicken doesn’t work well in this recipe as you want the small pieces of chicken to pair with the broccoli and evenly soak up the sweet and savory based sauce.
Can I Replace The Soy Sauce In The Recipe
Liquid Aminos can replace the soy sauce in this recipe. It is a fantastic alternative that can essentially be used to replace soy sauce in almost any recipe you are planning to cook.
We always keep a bottle on hand for our cooking needs. It has become an essential in our kitchen.
What Does Xanthan Gum Do In Recipe
Xanthan Gum is going to be the way you thicken your sauce. You can choose to leave the sauce thin, or add a little Xanthan to add thickness.
It is very important to add a little at a time. You can go from a thin sauce to overly thick really fast. If you happen to over-thicken your sauce go ahead and stir in a bit more liquid to help thin it out a bit.
Try Out More Easy Keto Chicken Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Sliders | Here is a sliders recipe that is loaded with perfectly seasoned shredded chicken on a keto-approved slider bun.
- Grilled Chicken Skewers | Fantastic flavored chicken and veggies all on easy skewers. The perfect summer cookout main dish that kids and adults will reach for seconds.
- Chicken Cobb Salad | Do you ever just crave a really good salad/ This cobb salad is one of my favorites. Loads of salad toppings, tons of protein, and filling!
- Chicken Taco Soup | If you want a cooler weather soup, give this a try. Warm spices, tender shredded chicken, and ready to be topped with your favorite toppings.
Meal Prep With Leftover Chinese Keto Chicken and Broccoli
Want to make a meal or two up for a quick lunch or even dinner on busy weeknights?
Place your leftovers in single-serve containers and store them in the fridge. Then grab and go, or reheat for a simple weeknight dinner idea.
I think this keto chicken and broccoli reheats really well, and the sauce tastes just as good as night one.
Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into strips
- 2 Cups Raw Broccoli Florets
- ½ Teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Substitute
- 3 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum optional
- Heat the sesame and olive oils in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the chicken to the heated skillet, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through and browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm on a separate plate.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium, and cover to steam them until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet with the broccoli.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, minced garlic and ginger paste until well combined.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the broccoli and chicken and toss to coat.
- If you would like a thicker sauce, sprinkle the xanthan gum into the sauce and stir before pouring into the skillet.
- Cook for a few more minutes to allow the flavor to soak into the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.