We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serve up this tasty low carb Greek chicken casserole for dinner tonight. Boneless chicken, artichoke hearts, olives, red peppers, zucchini, drizzled with a homemade Greek dressing. A baked Greek chicken that is family approved.
This low-carb chicken casserole is an easy prep dinner, but also great for meal prepping for the rest of the week. A boneless baked chicken that never disappoints.
Chicken – For this Greek chicken recipe I reached for boneless chicken. You will dice up the chicken. If you want to use boneless chicken thighs or tenderloins, go right ahead.
Artichoke Hearts & Roasted Red Peppers – Grab a jar of artichoke hearts and peppers then drain off the liquid. These two ingredients add tons of flavor.
Kalamata olives – Kalamata olives are the perfect compliment to the chicken.
Homemade Dressing – What makes this low-carb casserole stand out, is the homemade dressing. Red wine vinegar, oil, oregano, and more help bring all the flavors of Greek!
How to Make Greek Chicken Casserole
Full measurements and steps to make Greek chicken casserole are in the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a jar work on adding all your ingredient for the homemade dressing in the container. Shake until the dressing is combined.
I love using a mason jar for making dressing, it is quick, easy and great to store as well.
Step 2: Now dice up your boneless chicken and place it in a bag. Add half the dressing and let it marinade. This is important to help the chicken soak up the Greek flavor and help keep the chicken moist.
Step 3: Once the chicken is done marinating, then place in your baking dish. Sprinkle olives, artichoke hearts, and peppers evenly over the chicken. As well as the remaining dressing.
Step 4: Top with mozzarella cheese, and bake the chicken casserole in the oven until the chicken is fully cooked. This takes around 45 minutes.
Dish up this incredible low carb Greek chicken casserole that is so flavorful.
Pair This Low Carb Casserole With
Not sure what to pair with your casserole to make a complete dinner? Here are a few options to consider. Mashed cauliflower would be a nice pairing. Cauliflower rice is another go-to side dish I enjoy. I just leave out the cilantro and lime in this recipe.
A salad would also help a great mix of flavor next to your chicken recipe.
Expert Tips & Variations To Recipe
- Feel free to use bone-in chicken, just adjust the cooking time to make sure the chicken gets fully cooked. Bone-in chicken takes longer.
- The internal temperature of the chicken needs to be 165 degrees internally.
- Consider swapping the mozzarella cheese out with a sprinkle of parmesan for a change, or do no cheese at all.
- You can leave out the zucchini or add it in, I find it pairs nicely and helps make this dish more filling.
- Swap zucchini with some cauliflower rice to make it a rice style dish.
Can I Use Store Bought Dressing Instead of Making Homemade?
Go right ahead and reach for a store bought Greek dressing to use instead of making your own. Just watch the ingredients to make sure it is not high in carbs.
Some dressings can be higher in carbs.
How long should you marinate chicken?
You can marinate this chicken in the Greek dressing for 20 minutes. Now if you want you can marinate it for an hour or two, to help add in even more flavor.
But this is a quick marinade, as you will pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and bake. (Please don’t use the marinade in which the chicken was marinating.)
How long can this Greek chicken store for?
If you have leftover casserole it will store for up to three days in the refrigerator. Then just reheat in the microwave, or cover with foil and reheat in the oven.
I love using the leftovers to make a simple grab and go lunch option!
- 3 Cups Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1 Zucchini, ends removed, halved, and sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place the chicken in a gallon zip-top freezer bag. Add half of the dressing and mix with the chicken. Let the chicken rest on the counter for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator up to overnight.
- Transfer the chicken to the casserole dish.
- Over the chicken, place the vegetables and olives. Pour the remaining dressing over the top. Toss the vegetables with the chicken to coat evenly.
- Top the casserole with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.