We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A comforting take on a classic favorite, this low carb shrimp alfredo is sure to please!
My husband recently requested that I make a recipe with shrimp. He loves shrimp, and we don’t often have it at home. Part of the reason is because it seems like a more expensive choice, but it really isn’t too bad.
I bought a large bag of small pre-cooked shrimp at Walmart for around $11. I only used half for this recipe, so we can get two meals out of the one bag. That sounds like a decent deal for me, but I still reserve shrimp for special occasions!
We so enjoyed this dinner. I served it over Dreamfield’s Pasta and we had a side salad to go with it. I know there are mixed feelings about Dreamfields, but the official THM stance is that it is okay as a personal choice item once every week or two. I haven’t had any problems using it, but if you are uncomfortable with it, feel free to serve this Alfredo over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. I think spaghetti squash would be particularly delicious!
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add Half & Half, spices, and Heavy Cream.
- Heat until almost simmering, then add Parmesan.
- Heat until simmering, then slowly sprinkle Glucommannan Powder over the Alfredo mixture, whisking well to keep from clumping.
- Add shrimp and continue to simmer until mixture thickens.
- Serve over Dreamfields Pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash.
This post contains affiliate links which provide me with a small commission when you make a purchase through those links. The profits go to the support of my family and this blog. Thank you!