We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sugar Free Lemon Curd is loaded with that creamy and sweet lemon flavor in every bite. A low carb lemon curd that is so simple to whip up.
This lemon curd will easily be a favorite. You can use it to top Cream Cheese Chaffles and it feels like the ultimate treat.
Sugar Free Lemon Curd
This lemon curd is perfect for topping all your favorite low carb desserts. With spring coming closer you will find this to be a perfect recipe to add to your list to make.
You will find that lemon curd tends to only have 4 simple ingredients. In this particular recipe, there are a couple of extra ingredients to make this low carb.
I reached for Swerve confectioner sugar instead of a classic powdered sugar. (But you can also use Gentle Sweet or my Low Carb Powdered Sugar.)
This will give you the sugar-free name but still bring you the ultimate sweetness in every bite.
How To Make Homemade Lemon Curd
Start by grabbing a saucepan and filling it 1/3 with water. You will want to heat the water up on low/medium until it begins to simmer.
Then in a heatproof bowl, you will add in your egg yolks, sweetener, lemon zest, juice, salt, and vanilla. Then whisk for two minutes.
You will then place your bowl onto the saucepan to act similar to a double boiler, where you can whisk for around 8 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
Remove from the heat, and then add in your ice cubes, butter, and mix until melted.
Refrigerate until it is cooled down, and then you can use it as you would like.
How To Use Lemon Curd
- Low Carb Sugar-Free Vanilla Ice Cream
- Spread on Muffins (try my lemon poppyseed muffins)
- Low carb or keto bread
- Top Yogurt
- Top Cottage Cheese
- And More
You can use this lemon curd for almost anything. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
What Is Lemon Curd
Lemon curd is very popular. You will find this sugar free version offers the same flavor. You will find an intense lemon tart flavor. This is a very creamy and incredible that comes together perfectly.
Why Does My Lemon Curd Tastes Like Metallic
If you cook your lemon curd in a metal pan you will find it can give a metallic flavor.
I suggest using a glass double boiler, instead of metal. You will find it gives you an incredible flavor if you use glass.
How Long Can You Keep Lemon Curd
Lemon curd needs to be refrigerated in an airtight container.
Store your curd in the refrigerator for up to a week to two weeks. Or if you would like, you are more than welcome to freeze it for 1-2 months in the freezer.
Then just thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to serve it. Give it a good stir to ensure it is well mixed and then use it as you normally would.
Looking for more low carb recipes
- Easy Low Carb Chocolate Coffee Truffles | If you love the flavor of coffee and chocolate combined you will truly enjoy this recipe right here. Loads of flavor, and a nice sugar-free recipe you don't have to feel guilty over.
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars | Want cookies but not all the work? These cookie bars give you all the rich flavors of your favorite cookie but with half the prep. Plus they freeze awesome for prepping snacks for later.
- Amazing Low Carb Peanut Butter Brownies | Another fantastic recipe that is calling your name. This brownie recipe gives you rich chocolate and peanut butter in every single delectable bite.
- Strawberry Pie | With summer rolling around you will enjoy this strawberry pie. It is made with fresh ingredients and perfect for entertaining, summer cookouts and more.
- Snickers Pie | Another great pie is this Snickers pie recipe. You have a creamy and crunchy take with every single bite you devour. Whip this up for a nice cool refreshing low carb dessert.
The Best Lemon Curd Recipe
This will truly be one of your favorite lemon curd recipes. If you are looking for a tasty option that isn't loaded with sugar and high carbs give this sugar-free lemon curd recipe a try.
- Fill a medium saucepan 1/3 with water, heat over low/medium heat until simmering.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, add the egg yolks, Swerve, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt.
- Whisk ingredients together and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Place bowl onto the saucepan and heat, whisking gently for 7-8 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in cubes of butter then mix until melted and incorporated.
- Refrigerate until cool.
Serving Size1/4 of Recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 295Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 410mgSodium 50mgCarbohydrates 1gProtein 5g